The indecent assault and battery case against Kevin Spacey has been dismissed by prosecutors in Nantucket.
The Cape and Islands district attorney said today (July 17) they have dropped the criminal case which was brought against the actor after he was accused of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old man in a bar in Nantucket, Massachusetts in 2016.
The alleged victim claimed Spacey had got him drunk and repeatedly groped him at the restaurant and bar where the teen worked as a busboy.
He claimed to have texted his girlfriend during the incident, however when defense lawyer Alan Jackson pressed him about the messages, asking if he had deleted texts that were exculpatory for Spacey, the man took the Fifth Amendment, which protects individuals from being forced to incriminate themselves, TMZ report.
Spacey’s lawyer reportedly had information the alleged victim had selectively deleted texts but the case struggled after the man invoked his Fifth Amendment.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, the case was dropped ‘due to the unavailability of the complaining witness’. Sources have said the dismissal was at the behest of prosecutors.
Streamer Breastfeeds Live On Stream, Sparking Huge Debate
Wednesday July 31, 2019
HeatheredEffect/Twitter/Twitch A popular Twitch streamer has hit out at the livestreaming platform after a clip of her breastfeeding was removed with no warning, reigniting an eons-old debate in the process. HeatheredEffect (AKA Heather Kent) has nearly 90,000 subscribers on YouTube and close to 16,000 on Twitch. She sees her streams as a relaxed and often … "Streamer Breastfeeds Live On Stream, Sparking Huge Debate"
The post Streamer Breastfeeds Live On Stream, Sparking Huge Debate appeared first on CMD368.
The criminal sexual assault case against Kevin Spacey has been dropped, due to the “unavailability of the complaining witness.” pic.twitter.com/RRiAW7jRMj
— Chris Villani (@ChrisVillani44) July 17, 2019
Microsoft has a silly new Anti-MacBook ad
Thursday August 01, 2019
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Apple and Microsoft duking it out in adverts. However, this latest attempt, an Australian Microsoft advertisement starring a Mackenzie Book, might be the silliest so far. Seriously. Apple and Microsoft have taken swings at each other before, famously with the “I’m a Mac, I’m a PC” adverts, which … "Microsoft has a silly new Anti-MacBook ad"
However, the Telegraph report the case was dropped after growing concern about a missing piece of evidence. The accuser was reportedly supposed to turn the phone he used on the night over to the defense but said it was missing. Police reportedly insisted it was returned to the family, while the family say it was not.
The alleged victim’s mother also is said to have admitted to deleting some material on the phone; an admission which was seized upon by Spacey’s legal team.
The former House of Cards actor denied the allegations and reportedly insisted in court filings that the pair spent an enjoyable night together and engaged in ‘mutual and consensual flirting’.
Spacey also faces six allegations of sexual assault in the UK from between 1996 and 2013. According to Variety, the 59-year-old was interviewed voluntarily under caution in May when Scotland Yard detectives travelled to the US.
The Metropolitan Police did not name the individual questioned when asked for comment, but a spokeswoman said:
In May 2019, a man was voluntarily interviewed under caution in America, by officers from the Met’s Complex Case Team.
Spacey was not arrested and inquiries into the accusations in the UK are still ongoing.
If you have been affected by any of the issues in this article and wish to speak to someone in confidence contact the Rape Crisis England and Wales helpline on 0808 802 9999 (12-2:30 and 7-9:30). Alternatively you can contact Victim Support on 08 08 16 89 111.
Male Survivors Partnership is available to support adult male survivors of sexual abuse and rape. You can contact the organisation on its website or on its helpline – 0808 800 5005.
Sniper Elite 4 and Wipeout: Omega Collection headline this month’s PlayStation Plus offerings
Wednesday July 31, 2019
Sony Computer Entertainment has announced the duo of free titles coming as part of your PlayStation Plus membership this August. Headlining the coming month’s selection is Sniper Elite 4 by Rebellion, a thrilling shooter experience where you can murder Nazis to your heart’s content. So if you’ve wrapped up Wolfenstein: Youngblood, it’s time to reload … "Sniper Elite 4 and Wipeout: Omega Collection headline this month’s PlayStation Plus offerings"
The post Sniper Elite 4 and Wipeout: Omega Collection headline this month’s PlayStation Plus offerings appeared first on CMD368.